SMUGMUG PHOTO SHARING : ONLINE DIGITAL PHOTO LAB.
Smugmug Photo Sharing
- Photo sharing is the publishing or transfer of a user's digital photos online, thus enabling the user to share them with others (publicly or privately). This function is provided through both websites and applications that facilitate the upload and display of images.
- Web 2.0 systems that encourage users to upload their own digital photos. Users can tag photos and decide on public or private display. Photo tagging allows users to search the communities database of photographs.
- is uploading your images to a website like Flickr. You can add tags and offer people the opportunity to comment or even re-use your photos if you add an appropriate copyright license.
- SmugMug is a paid digital photo sharing website, founded by Chris and Don MacAskill in 2002.
The filenames have rolled over again, marking over 20,000 images taken on my Canon 5D MkII since I bought it last February.
So far, this includes:
- 4 weddings.
- 8 modeling/Beauty shoots
- 1 engagement session.
- 6 headshot/family portrait sessions.
- 3 seniors in one session.
- 9 concert tours at the Civic Center.
- Multiple journalistic assignments.
- Countless hours of personal time spent wandering around the cities and countrysides just to have fun with the camera.
Considering that I do all of this on the side while immersed in full-time college studies, as well as teaching martial arts and interning with a newspaper last summer. It makes me incredibly happy that I've been able to maintain photography as such a big part of my life over the past year. I've stood inches from legendary bands like Kiss and Lynyrd Skynyrd while photographing concerts, I've been called upon to travel from Pensacola to beautiful locations like New Orleans and Bellingrath Gardens to photograph weddings. I've been in a nationally televised press conference as a news photographer, and my recent video work has gotten me offers to travel as far as Illinois to work as a cinematographer on independent films.
But what I'm most grateful for is that photography has been a vehicle for me to meet interesting and passionate people who share my love for creating images. Working in journalism and event photography in Pensacola has allowed me to network with and learn from master photographers who have amazing stories to share; and sharing my images online through mediums like Flickr and Facebook have led to friendships and conversations that I would never have had otherwise. These are amazing times in which to be a photographer. Other people have been doing it longer and continue to do it better, but while many of them talk about it as just a job, I never get tired of it. Every new opportunity is exciting, and awakens me in a way that nothing else does.
Images and videos from all of these events can be seen on my website as well as my sets and collections here on Flickr.
It's been rather busy around here getting ready for our trip....but it's finally here. We are out of here and heading to Yellowstone.....hoping to get some great photos to share on here. :) I'm hoping we will have a nice view of the southern sky while in Fishing Bridge so our internet will work...but just not sure and won't be until we get there. If so I will be posting trip reports on my blog if you want to keep up. You can link to it on my profile or you can hook up with me on Facebook where I will post the blog entries. We won't be back to homebase until the 21st....I will try and catch up with everyone then...but while in the park...well you know how it is I will be spending my time behind my camera and probably being doing good to get the TR's out. :) Very excited...I've been waiting for two years to get back up there!
Oklahoma City Zoo
© Lana Trussell
download free photo booth effects
online photo retouching
online photo selling
price of digital photo frame
top ten photo printers
photo album sharing
diy photo magnets