SIMPLE WOODEN TOYS. WOODEN TOYS
SIMPLE WOODEN TOYS. MAGNETIC TOYS AND GAMES. BOYS TOYS 2011
Simple Wooden Toys
- having few parts; not complex or complicated or involved; "a simple problem"; "simple mechanisms"; "a simple design"; "a simple substance"
- any herbaceous plant having medicinal properties
- elementary: easy and not involved or complicated; "an elementary problem in statistics"; "elementary, my dear Watson"; "a simple game"; "found an uncomplicated solution to the problem"
- A medicinal herb, or a medicine made from one
- Like or characteristic of wood
- made or consisting of (entirely or in part) or employing wood; "a wooden box"; "an ancient cart with wooden wheels"
- lacking ease or grace; "the actor's performance was wooden"; "a wooden smile"
- (woodenly) ungraciously: without grace; rigidly; "they moved woodenly"
- Made of wood
- Stiff and awkward in movement or manner
- (toy) a nonfunctional replica of something else (frequently used as a modifier); "a toy stove"
- An object for a child to play with, typically a model or miniature replica of something
- An object, esp. a gadget or machine, regarded as providing amusement for an adult
- (toy) plaything: an artifact designed to be played with
- A person treated by another as a source of pleasure or amusement rather than with due seriousness
- (toy) dally: behave carelessly or indifferently; "Play about with a young girl's affection"
Giraffe on the "savannah"
This hand-carved wooden giraffe was a gift from a nurse who spent time at a clinic in South Africa. I started this shot with the general idea of creating some feel of afternoon on a savannah. I used gift packing for the "grass" and tried a few different backdrops at the house. When none of them worked, I remembered that I had a few sky pictures that may work as a composite. Shot from as low an angle as I could at the time, to feel a little more like I was looking up at the giraffe.
Strobist: Single 430ex in 28" softbox at about 4 or 5 o'clock. 1/2 CTO gel to warm the light. Low angle to give a sunset feel. I initially used a bare flash, to get a more sunlight-like hard source, but the gloss on the giraffe made for too uneven a reflection. My compromise was the softbox and a full-length highlight.
I am by no means a compositing expert (obviously), but it was fun to take a simple wooden toy and give it a different context.
Lessons learned: (1) If compositing is your thing, keep a file of interesting sky and background pictures. You never know when you might use them. (2) The highlight and background light directions need to be aligned in compositing. I didn't quite get that here. (3) Compositing hard edges is much easier than soft edges. (4) A longer lens and a more dramatic upward angle would have helped the illusion.
© 2011 Christopher D. Malin
Memories from my childood
Taken for the "52 of Twenty Eleven" project. Week #3. Theme: memories...
As a child I loved this simple wooden colorful toy, and I still do love it! When I pull it all the balls start moving, rotating, waving... so simple but cool.
This strange "snail" is still with me after so many years. While I was pulling it to take the photo, keeping in my hands the short string, I recognized how small I was!
One more thing!!! I forgot before! My mother says I should add this small story to this photo. So, when I was already about 22 23 years old my mother gave to the kids of the neighbors a box full of old toys from me and my sister. My mother took this "snail" thinking that it was not useful anymore. Biiiiig mistake! I realized immediately that the snail was gone ..and ... in short, I could not resist and I went to the neighbors to get my snail back ... I think they laughed a lot about me ;) :D
pool toys for infants
unusual toys for girls
lightning mcqueen toys cars
wild republic plush toys
dragonfly toys australia
orchard toys bus stop
new hot toys 2011
08.11.2011. u 18:33 •