Flooring to floors. Killing floor ping. Floating floor problems.
Flooring To Floors
- The boards or other material of which a floor is made
- (floored) provided with a floor
- floor: the inside lower horizontal surface (as of a room, hallway, tent, or other structure); "they needed rugs to cover the bare floors"; "we spread our sleeping bags on the dry floor of the tent"
- building material used in laying floors
- All the rooms or areas on the same level of a building; a story
- (floor) deck: knock down with force; "He decked his opponent"
- A level area or space used or designed for a particular activity
- (floor) a structure consisting of a room or set of rooms at a single position along a vertical scale; "what level is the office on?"
- The lower surface of a room, on which one may walk
- (floor) shock: surprise greatly; knock someone's socks off; "I was floored when I heard that I was promoted"
Finally the UGLY is gone. I laid this floor yesterday in our ugly-ass kitchen, because I was tired of looking at the holes Murphy chewed (see below.) Also, because the old linoleum was so ugly, you could practically drop a plate of lasagna in there and lose it forever, and I don't mean because the mutts would snarf it up.
The flooring is Allure TrafficMaster vinyl "planks." They are really easy to install, although it takes a bit of math if you don't want to end up with unusable stubs at the wall-ends. The first 2-3 rows took as long as the entire rest of the kitchen, because of the math, and I'm pretty good at math. (ouch)
Today, my legs are KILLING me, and I have bruises on both knees, and scratches all over both arms. It was totally worth it though, because now I can take a picture of my dogs without worrying that people will think we're ghetto for all the holes. Heh.
(Also, now my husband might be willing to let people come over here for dinner.)
Next project (someday, someday,) is paint the cabinet boxes and doors. We do intend a complete gut/remodel on this room and the dining area, but who knows when it will actually happen - it might be another year or two. In the meantime, I'm tired of having an ugly kitchen.
Floor Manager Harvey, snapped 15 seconds before I talk live to millions of Americans. Xpan at 3200ISO.
Harvey was kind enough to come and bring me my Xpan in between the 'cold opener' where I put on serious broadcasty voice and say "we're live, it's Live TO DANCE!" and then the crowd goes wild while we play the opening titles - Harvey is watching the titles play out on the towering LED wall behind me.
Right after I snapped this, I handed the Xpan to Harvey, waited for my cue, and walked out to talk to millions of Americans.
Processed and scanned at home.
I think the lump in the frame is my thumb or the camera strap - but I like it regardless..
I also like the stars. Very YTT ;)
wood floor wax stripper
pros and cons of engineered wood flooring
architect floor plans
how to paint a concrete basement floor
heated flooring system
used rubber flooring
light hardwood floors
hydronic in floor heating
hardwood floor parquet