Cello strings notes - Beginning mandolin dvd.
Cello Strings Notes
- Be arranged in a long line
- string section: the section of an orchestra that plays stringed instruments
- (string) a lightweight cord
- (string) thread on or as if on a string; "string pearls on a string"; "the child drew glass beads on a string"; "thread dried cranberries"
- Thread (a series of small objects) on a string
- Hang (something) so that it stretches in a long line
- a large stringed instrument; seated player holds it upright while playing
- Barrett's oesophagus (American English: esophagus) (sometimes called Barrett's syndrome, CELLO, columnar epithelium lined lower oesophagus) refers to an abnormal change (metaplasia) in the cells of the inferior portion of the oesophagus.
- A bass instrument of the violin family, held upright on the floor between the legs of the seated player
- The cello (pronounced ; plural cellos or celli) is a bowed string instrument. The word derives from the Italian violoncello. A person who plays a cello is called a cellist. The cello is used as a solo instrument, in chamber music, and as a member of the string section of an orchestra.
- A brief record of facts, topics, or thoughts, written down as an aid to memory
- A short comment on or explanation of a word or passage in a book or article; an annotation
- A short informal letter or written message
- (note) make mention of; "She observed that his presentation took up too much time"; "They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing"
- (note) a brief written record; "he made a note of the appointment"
- (note) a short personal letter; "drop me a line when you get there"
teeth twin perfect notes i asked you to play me
the third and fourth movement from shostakovich's concerto number one in e flat major
(is that correct, victoria?)
i made you promise not to say "oh shoot" when you messed up because i can never tell when you mess up
it sounded so perfect to me, i saw your face fall when you were done playing
you're installing new cogs in yr brain
you're softer than most people i know, making me an unecessary and delicious vegan dinner
i did some dishes
you apologized for insects
i said let em' be
your dad has a weird name
you have a beautiful name
the couch that someone wasteful threw on the treelawn was more comfortable than our beds
we sat on it and said, i don't want to get up!
until the woman who owned the house of the yard we were sitting on a couch in
came out and said, "you probably don't want to sit on that"
and went inside
and we wondered what happened on the couch
and you said, no matter what happened to it i don't think it would gross me out enough to not want to sit on it
i said yeah me either, unless some little kid got raped on it or something
you said yeah, in that case it should be burned and not thrown on the tree lawn
but we both knew, a couch that new and nice and comfortable in the yard of someone with things like the things that were in it
probably just had a baby throw up on the corner of it or something
when we walked back from the phoenix it was gone
Work by Dublin-based artist Meadhbh O'Connor.
Title: Stellar-Music Fantasy
Materials: wood, brass, eight steel-core cello strings, eight ebony pegs, cast iron, steel.
Dimensions: within 2 x 1 x 1 metres (h x w x d)
Handmade, hybrid astronomical and musical instrument. This piece was based on an instrument used historically to measure the positions of the stars. Instead of taking angular readings, this instrument’s measurements are in musical notes, marked along the brass arc. Cello strings were added to the piece and can be tensioned using pegs. The piece has two eyepieces, one on a movable alidade, and the other on the main frame of the sextant. The frame was attached to a cast iron stand and can rotate both vertically and horizontally.
This was my graduate piece, and was a winner at the RDS Student Art Awards 2009.
Photographed here in the Dublin mountains at night.
© Meadhbh O'Connor
roxy music guitar tabs
used baritone saxophones
a bass clarinet
early musical instrument
best clarinet brands
chicago musical instruments
meyer alto sax
conn 444n clarinet