CHATEAU VERSAILLE HOTEL : CHATEAU VERSAILLE
Chateau Versaille Hotel : City Club New York Hotel : Hotel Taj Ambassador
Chateau Versaille Hotel
- (Chateau Versailles) Versailles , a city renowned for its chateau, the Palace of Versailles, was the de facto capital of the kingdom of France for over a century, from 1682 to 1789. It is now a wealthy suburb of Paris and remains an important administrative and judicial centre.
- An establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists
- A hotel is an establishment that provides paid lodging on a short-term basis. The provision of basic accommodation, in times past, consisting only of a room with a bed, a cupboard, a small table and a washstand has largely been replaced by rooms with modern facilities, including en-suite
- In French contexts an hotel particulier is an urban "private house" of a grand sort. Whereas an ordinary maison was built as part of a row, sharing party walls with the houses on either side and directly fronting on a street, an hotel particulier was often free-standing, and by the eighteenth
- A code word representing the letter H, used in radio communication
- a building where travelers can pay for lodging and meals and other services
Chateau Versaille 2: How a Pilgrimage to Chateau Versaille Causes La Danse Automatique
Chateau Versaille's juxtaposition of crowds of tourists from the world-over, beside 17th Century architecture, art, design and pictorial representations of French Royalty, really "struck a chord" with me. Indeed, Chateau Versaille is a work of art and the "Post modern phenomena" of global tourism creates its own aesthetic. Both together made me think of a theatrical performance on a global stage, a "danse automatique", unchoreographed and oblivious to a third juxtapostion of art; the "Postmodern photographer" reflecting on contemporary life and the state of the arts.
Pictorially, my main concerns with this photograph were to exploit the 3D elements of the photo, enhance the light (source and reflections) and to capture some rather strange, dance like movements of the tourists! Hopefully I've acheived this! :-)
Chateau Versaille: Quand est la Puissance? (When is the Power?)
Louis 14th and his grand quest for power and influence.... Chateau Versaille (Palace of Versaille) is a complex, ornate and elegant composition, that utilised the talents of artists, architects, designers, gardeners, garden designers, craftsmen and other creatives.
Ironically, Chateau Versaille may draw many more visitors today than during Louis 14th reign (1643-1715) hence the title of my edited interpretation. Visitors come from around the globe, like a pilgrimage; a homage to the acheivements of history. The Chateau's extraordinary display of creative skills appear to mock our computer-aged, simplicity. Perhaps, visitors realise that the grandeur, skill and scale of many historical monuments will not be acheived during our technological age, and this contributes to their enduring appeal.
country suites and inns
dirty motel room
keys hotels florida
san antonio hotels and motels
hotel and car parking at heathrow
western trails motel
the joule dallas hotel
ringwood hall hotel brimington
batavia hotel dusseldorf