DECORATIVE ANTIQUE BOOKS - SANTA FE DECORATIONS
Decorative Antique Books
- (Antique Book) not an accepted term, and one which no book collector or bookseller should ever allow to pass his or her lips. It is a phrase both jarring and meaningless, and you will do a great service to mankind if you will immediately make a point of correcting any unfortunate soul who uses it.
- cosmetic: serving an esthetic rather than a useful purpose; "cosmetic fenders on cars"; "the buildings were utilitarian rather than decorative"
- (decoratively) in a decorative manner; "used decoratively at Christmas"
- (decorativeness) an appearance that serves to decorate and make something more attractive
- Relating to decoration
- Serving to make something look more attractive; ornamental
Decorative Sword Initial
This sword's handle makes a capital D.
This image has been digitally edited in order to make it as close to a clean black and white line art as possible. Some grey haze and other imperfections might remain. I do try to clean them as well as possible but since I often have multiple images to clean up I don't spend too much time on each.
Scanned from the book "Historical Tales and Legends, from the 7th to the 18th Century", published in 1858.
If, for some reason, you believe this image not to be in the public domain please let me know.
Feel free to use this in your own noncomercial work. Uses in crafts are fine, even if the object is be to sold. However, the sale or redistribution of this image is not welcome! This image, altered or not, may not be sold, doing so is unlawful.
I keep higher resolution and original raws of all my uploads to assure I can always prove they originated with me. Please be respectful.
Marie Antoinette Vellum French Journal with brown ribbon completely handmande as a antique book
This blank book can be used to write a journal, drawing, make a travel book or a guest book or as a decoration that will bring a French touch to your home.
The vellum is tainted to obtain the touch of an old vellum book and the pages are colored to give the color of an old paper (90 g/m2).
For the handbands I use two colors of threads sepia and brown same colors than the fore-edges.
The book is closed by a brown decorative ribbon with black Marie Antoinette Text, French Royal Carriage and a fleur de lys ".
This book will look better and better with time and will last hundreds years. Think of the pleasure when your children or grandchildren will still have this journal in there hands…
The book size is: 10,2cm x 14cm (4"x 5.6")
The journal has: 68 pages(136 sides).
This book is chemical free, no pets and no smocking!
wild west decoration
italian decoration ideas
college apartment decorating ideas
decorating a boys nursery
decor for laundry room
john deere nursery decor