Chrome wheel refurbishment : Hot wheels coloring page : Steering wheel cover pattern.
Chrome Wheel Refurbishment
1937 Mercedes-Benz 500K Cabriolet C H2320 BBB - Not sold at Duxford
Introduced at the March 1934 Berlin Motor Show, the Mercedes-Benz 500K (or W29 as it was known internally) was the brainchild of technical director Dr Hans Nibel.
A former racing driver turned master engineer whose past credits included the mighty 200HP Blitzen Benz and fearsome Mercedes-Benz S / SS / SSK / SSKL series (on which he had collaborated with Ferdinand Porsche), his commitment to a unified design philosophy meant that the marque's fastest road car - the 500K / W29, had a surprising amount in common with its epoch-making 'Silver Arrow' Grand Prix Racer sibling - the W25 (unveiled just a few months earlier).
Admittedly poles apart in terms of execution, the two were thus based around low-slung box-section chassis equipped with all-round coil-sprung independent suspension (double-wishbone front / swing-axle rear), high-efficiency hydraulic drum brakes and supercharged straight-eight powerplants.
Ushering in a new generation of extremely luxurious and disarmingly quick tourers capable of sustained high-speed cruising, the 500K was powered by a 5 litre OHV engine.
Tuned for torque rather than horsepower, it was quoted as developing a lazy 100bhp @ 3,200rpm in normally aspirated form but an altogether more spirited 160bhp with its double-vane Roots type blower engaged (a process which involved the driver depressing the accelerator pedal beyond a set pressure point).
Given that the later 540K was widely credited with a force fed 180bhp and 318lbft of torque, it seems likely that peak torque was approximately 300lbft (though, official figures remain frustratingly elusive).
Fed by a double updraught carburettor of in-house manufacture, the towering M24 straight-eight was allied to a robust four-speed manual gearbox that boasted synchromesh on 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears (the latter ratio effectively acting as an 'overdrive' for autostrada / autobahn motoring).
Impressed by the model's excellent roadholding and handling not to mention its 100mph top speed, Autocar magazine summed-up the 500K as "a master car for the very few".
Praising its refinement, the publication also commented that "without the supercharger this is a quiet, docile carriage, the acceleration from low speeds being then quite mild.
It will amble around town and along by-ways with scarcely a hint of its latent performance.
Bring in the supercharger and it becomes another machine, with fierce acceleration".
Benefiting from power assistance, the W29's suitably large four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes gave occupants a more than sporting chance of avoiding contact with slower vehicles (very few road cars could reach 100mph in 1934), while the provision of transverse-mounted coil-springs to the base of the rear swing-axle assembly brought a welcome extra dose of stability.
Built at Mercedes-Benz's Unterturkheim plant (more commonly associated with the company's research and development activities) to exceptionally high standards, the 500K could be had with a wide variety of open and closed bodystyles courtesy of factory coachbuilders Sindelfingen.
Only listed for two years total 500K production has been put at between 342 and 354 units.
Arriving from Horch in September 1932, Herman Ahrens was tasked with heading-up Mercedes-Benz's Sonderwagen (Special Vehicles) division.
A precocious talent, the twenty-eight year old set about imbuing his new employer's flagship models with a stylistic presence to match their technological sophistication.
Taking full advantage of the two wheelbase lengths (Normal: 3290mm / Short: 2980mm) and three chassis types that underpinned the W29, Ahrens created a series of designs so striking that less than ten percent of buyers opted for non-Sindelfingen coachwork.
A supremely elegant four-seater convertible, the Cabriolet C differed from its Cabriolet B sibling by having two rather than four side windows and a consequently more rakish profile.
With its V-shaped radiator grille, gently curving boot, full flowing wings, trademark side-exiting exhaust pipes and plentiful chrome trim, the iconic soft-top did not want for road presence.
Expensive and exclusive total Mercedes-Benz 500K Cabriolet C production is thought to have amounted to just 90 cars.
According to its accompanying copy factory commission book extract, the order for this particular example - chassis number 123741 - was placed on November 1st 1935.
Interestingly, another piece of paperwork on file sests that the Cabriolet C was first owned by Lt. Colonel Stancomb and issued with the London registration number 'HXM 325' (one of its sister 500Ks - chassis number 123737 - being dispatched to the Marquis de Portago and road registered as 'GC 5149').
Resident in America by 1938, a contemporaneous photocopied Passenger Vehicle Registration Renewal Stub lists the Mercedes-Benz as belonging to Mark Stevens of Maple Avenue, Scotia, New York.
Passing to Robert Saunders of Concord, Massacheusetts many years la
PLU 796E - 1967 Jaguar E Type 4.2 Roadster
Original UK RHD car - matching numbers - sold for a massive ?81,000.
A very very nice example.
The last E-Type Jaguar rolled off the production line in 1974, yet the model still has a unique ability to excite enthusiasts of all generations, its Malcolm Sayer-penned lines thought by many to be among the most striking ever to adorn a motor car. Indeed, only three years ago the Daily Telegraph ranked the E-Type top of the '100 most beautiful cars of all time'. Like the XK150 before it, it was born of Jaguar's competition successes on the race tracks of Europe. This was no ordinary motor car - it was a true thoroughbred.
The E-Type, or XK-E as it was known in the USA, made its debut at the Geneva motor show of 1961. From birth, the car was available either as a Fixed Head Coupe or a two-seat Roadster. Like the XK120, at launch the new Jaguar was the fastest production car of its time - its 3.8-litre straight six engine allowing a 0-60mph acceleration time of a whisker over seven seconds and a top speed of circa 150mph. Despite this, the engine size was increased from 3.8 to 4.2-litres in October 1964 and, with the change, came a sweeter all-synchromesh gearbox, better brakes and electrical systems, and more comfortable seats.
The suspension was independent all round with wishbones and torsion bars at the front and wishbones, radius arms and twin coil springs at the rear. Braking was by servo-assisted Dunlop discs all round; inboard at the rear. The steering was a rack and pinion system by Alford and Alder. Though the 4.2-litre engine had more torque than its predecessor, an increase in both gearing and body weight meant the performance of these later S1 cars was very similar to the 3.8-litre versions. Production figures vary slightly depending on the source, but approximately 6,751 4.2-litre Roadsters were built between 1964 and 1968, only some 863 of which were right-hand drive.
The handsomely-presented, 'matching' chassis and engine numbers 4.2-litre S1 Roadster being sold is one of those relatively rare right-hand drive examples and was manufactured in 1967. It is finished in a pleasing combination of British Racing Green coachwork and suede green leather interior and black hood, and rides on chrome-spoked wire wheels. The vendor has owned the car since 1976, during which time we understand it has been kept in a heated, integral garage under dust covers. He also tells us it was treated to a 'ground-up' restoration by a combination of Martin Robey (Nuneaton) and Southern Classics between December 1983 and June 1985. The Jaguar's history file contains the related bills, photos etc for this, plus old MOT certificates and details of the annual services. Apparently it also supports the fact that the E-Type has driven just 3,840 miles in the last 25 years.
The vendor considers the coachwork, cellulose paintwork, engine, gearbox and interior to all be in "very good order". After a recent first-hand inspection conducted whilst the Roadster was being serviced at Southern Classics we would not disagree with his assessment. Indeed, the car's condition belies the age of its refurbishment and is a real testament to the workmanship of Martin Robey and Southern Classics. This charismatic cat is MOT'd into November and taxed until the end of August.
color wheel definition
rm 85 big wheel
cool steering wheels
free full version 18 wheels of steel
alloy wheels dublin
replacing rear wheel bearings
motorsport alloy wheels
asleep at the wheel