RECENT FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT. RECENT FOREIGN
Recent Foreign Direct Investment. Diversified Investments Inc.
Recent Foreign Direct Investment
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) refers to long term participation by country A into country B. It usually involves participation in management, joint-venture, transfer of technology and expertise.
- The purchase of a controlling interest in a company or at least enough interest to have enough influence to direct the course of the company.
- (Direct investments) Investments in which the investor holds legal title to a property
- of concern to or concerning the affairs of other nations (other than your own); "foreign trade"; "a foreign office"
- Of, from, in, or characteristic of a country or language other than one's own
- Dealing with or relating to other countries
- alien: not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something; "an economic theory alien to the spirit of capitalism"; "the mysticism so foreign to the French mind and temper"; "jealousy is foreign to her nature"
- Of or belonging to another district or area
- relating to or originating in or characteristic of another place or part of the world; "foreign nations"; "a foreign accent"; "on business in a foreign city"
- Holocene: approximately the last 10,000 years
- late(a): of the immediate past or just previous to the present time; "a late development"; "their late quarrel"; "his recent trip to Africa"; "in recent months"; "a recent issue of the journal"
- new; "recent graduates"; "a recent addition to the house"; "recent buds on the apple trees"
- The Holocene epoch
Came from AmBAR event "Russian-American High-Tech : A Fresh Viewpoint"
on recent VC trip to Moscow tonight - did not take any pictures - will post some notes later.
Overall experience was very positive. Dmitry Medvedev was open and sincere (as panelists stated: "open for a political figure").
However, VCs will directly invest in Russia (hopefully) in 5-7 years...
Other thoughts: Corruption is not a major threat for start-ups in Russia (furthermore, it exists in other countries including US-CA and especially in China). Weak protection of Intellectual Property directs investments in the areas like IT, software etc. not so much in life-sciences. Russia has a very strong background in science and technology - technology commercialization and marketing can be done in SV. Russian entrepreneurs need exposure to SV culture and processes. One primary Russian weakness is law enforcement (exactly the same was a decade ago - I wrote some paper on foreign investments in Russia). This did not change in 10 years.
"Russian President Dmitry Medvedev will visit the United States on June 22-24, the Kremlin press service reported Friday.
Medvedev's agenda envisions a visit to California's Silicon Valley, which is seen as a model for the high-tech business zone Russia is creating in Skolkovo in the Moscow Region" Ria Novosti
"The new Skolkovo center's activities will focus on five priority spheres: energy, information technologies, communication, biomedical research and nuclear technologies." Ria Novosti
proud to be Dabaweńo
location: Jacks Ridge, Davao City
The City of Davao (Tagalog: Lungsod ng Dabaw; Cebuano: Dakbayan sa Dabaw) is the largest city located on the island of Mindanao in the Philippines. It is also one of the Philippines' most progressive cities. Its international airport and seaports are among the busiest cargo hubs in the southern part of the Philippines.
Davao City is also one of several cities in the Philippines that are independent of any province. The city serves as the regional center for Davao Region (Region XI). It has a population of 1,363,330 (2007 census) and is named by the Foreign Direct Investment Magazine as the 10th "Asian City of the Future". In recent years, Davao City has emerged as the business, investment and tourism hub for the entire southern Philippines. The city boasts of some of the finest beaches and mountain resorts in the country and its proximity to the Philippines' most captivating diving spots as well as its highest peak, Mount Apo
good companies to invest
investing corporate bonds
foreign direct investment wikipedia
charitable investment trust
students invest in stocks
business solar investment tax credit
monarch investment advisors
national association of investment professionals
05.11.2011. u 13:40 •