Shades Hair Studio : Drapes Design : Retractable Window Awnings
Shades Hair Studio
- Darken or color (an illustration or diagram) with parallel pencil lines or a block of color
- Cover, moderate, or exclude the light of
- (shade) shadow: cast a shadow over
- Screen from direct light
- sunglasses: spectacles that are darkened or polarized to protect the eyes from the glare of the sun; "he was wearing a pair of mirrored shades"
- (shade) relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body; "it is much cooler in the shade"; "there's too much shadiness to take good photographs"
- workplace consisting of a room or building where movies or television shows or radio programs are produced and recorded
- A place where performers, esp. dancers, practice and exercise
- A room where an artist, photographer, sculptor, etc., works
- workplace for the teaching or practice of an art; "she ran a dance studio"; "the music department provided studios for their students"; "you don't need a studio to make a passport photograph"
- A room where musical or sound recordings can be made
- studio apartment: an apartment with a living space and a bathroom and a small kitchen
- Any of the fine threadlike strands growing from the skin of humans, mammals, and some other animals
- filamentous hairlike growth on a plant; "peach fuzz"
- A similar strand growing from the epidermis of a plant, or forming part of a living cell
- a covering for the body (or parts of it) consisting of a dense growth of threadlike structures (as on the human head); helps to prevent heat loss; "he combed his hair"; "each hair consists of layers of dead keratinized cells"
- A very small quantity or extent
- hair's-breadth: a very small distance or space; "they escaped by a hair's-breadth"; "they lost the election by a whisker"
Light is a tool
I shot this in my living room using two studio heads and one flash gun and two small flashes.
The two studio heads were positioned behind him to act as hair lights on either side. The one on the left with a shoot through umbrella to soften the left side of the face. there was also one flash gun angled up and the floor behind to fill in the hair and neck lines.
Then there was two small flashes on tripods on the right hand side at 45degree downward and a 90degree angle. too avoid too heavy shadowing. didnt work very well on the right side...
And then it was just a pop out reflectors black side to give the solid background.
shot with 50mm 1.8 for sharp results. This is my dad btw.
Tried to do a Vogue/Elle type shoot today - despite model issues Emma Collins came into the studio and genuinely saved the day.
Enjoyed working on Fashion type shoot, and really want to do much more now.
For those interested strobist info is as follows:
2 x grid spotted lights with barn-doors from model rear onto the model
1 x large octobox for fill camera right
1 x large octobox onto background to bring it from dark grey to a lighter shade
1 x strip-box camera left level with model for right side fill
drapery and valances
reflective shade cloth
buy blinds on line
drapes for sliding doors
wood blinds for windows
shutter hardware manufacturers
10x20 car canopy
garden swing canopy replacement