CARPET STORES VICTORIA BC. DISCOUNT CARPET PAD. DISCOUNT SISAL RUGS.
Carpet Stores Victoria Bc
- Victoria is the capital city of British Columbia, Canada, and is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island about from BC's largest, Canada's third largest city of Vancouver on the mainland.
- General information on Victoria BC and the area.
- A floor or stair covering made from thick woven fabric, typically shaped to fit a particular room
- A thick or soft expanse or layer of something
- cover completely, as if with a carpet; "flowers carpeted the meadows"
- A large rug, typically an oriental one
- rug: floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile)
- form a carpet-like cover (over)
- (store) a supply of something available for future use; "he brought back a large store of Cuban cigars"
- A retail establishment selling items to the public
- A quantity or supply of something kept for use as needed
- (store) keep or lay aside for future use; "store grain for the winter"; "The bear stores fat for the period of hibernation when he doesn't eat"
- (store) shop: a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services; "he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod"
WEILER BLDG. Est. 1898
Victoria's first department store and, at the time of its construction, one of the largest retail stores in Canada, was built for Weiler Brothers Home Furnishings. John Weiler came to Victoria from California in 1862 and established a furniture manufacturing business in which quality was the byword. Each of Weiler's four sons was responsible for different functions of the business.
The new building boasted 109,000 square feet of well lit display and storage areas that were serviced by two elevators. Construction of the interior was an engineering feat which utilised a massive post and beam interior frame within a brick shell. Other features included ground floor windows floodlit at night, moulded interior ceilings, native wood wainscotting and fire hydrants on each floor. Weiler's had a reputation for fine imports including the Liberty of London line, Voysey and Morris-designed carpets, and Turkish and Indian rugs.
Victoria BC Sunset
I took this while on board the "Golden Princess" after we had pulled into Victoria BC. Picture is kind of grainy but I still like it. You can see the outlines of the mountains/hills that were near by.
Just to cheer up the snow bound....
natural rug pad
direct carpet sales
rugs in canada
carpet des moines
abbyson silhouette himalayan area rug pattern 5020
carpet cleaning maidenhead
modern rugs clearance