YOUTH HOCKEY FESTIVAL : YOUTH HOCKEY
YOUTH HOCKEY FESTIVAL : NEW HOCKEY STICKS.
Youth Hockey Festival
- Minor hockey is an umbrella term for amateur ice hockey which is played below the junior age level. Players are classified by age, with each age group playing in its own league. The rules, especially as it relates to body contact, vary from class to class.
- An annual celebration or anniversary
- An organized series of concerts, plays, or movies, typically one held annually in the same place
- an organized series of acts and performances (usually in one place); "a drama festival"
- A festival is an event, usually and ordinarily staged by a local community, which centers on and celebrates some unique aspect of that community.
- A day or period of celebration, typically a religious commemoration
- a day or period of time set aside for feasting and celebration
Front cover of Bangor Civic Week handbook, 1951
On Saturday 30 June 1951, almost 60 years ago to the day, the first ‘Bangor Civic Week’ began. This is the front cover of the souvenir handbook, which I acquired recently.
The Civic Week opening ceremony at the Town Hall featured the Laganvale Silver Band with a ‘march past of youth organisations’, followed by a religious service for the lucky youths in Castle Park. Other events that day included an ‘open rowing boat fishing competition’ in Bangor bay and performances by the Laganvale, Cleland Memorial and other ‘major bands’ at the Marine Gardens.
The 1951 Civic Week came about as a result of the town council’s desire to make a contribution to the Festival of Britain. The week’s festivities included various exhibitions ranging from art and crafts to postage stamps, photographs of ‘old Bangor’ and even an exhibition of ‘public health’. Band performances were popular, including the Royal Ulster Constabulary Band, the Cleland Memorial Pipe Band, the Agnes Street (Belfast) Temperance and Laganvale Silver Bands. Sporting activities included a gala ‘Festival of Sport’ at Ward Park, a ‘children’s sports meeting’ at Clandeboye Park and special football, hockey, bowling, tennis and swimming events. The National Fire Service gave a display of ‘modern fire-fighting and rescue methods’ at the Esplanade; there was outdoor Irish dancing; a talent competition with a ?5 first prize up for grabs and the 9th annual Bangor Horse & Cattle Show & Gymkhana was held in Castle Park.
Youth Hockey League at the Syttende Mai Festival
An excited herd of inline-skating hockey team members whizzed past. Then two or three of them would lie down on the pavement, and another team mate would skate up and jump over them. Death-defying stunts, woo!
music played at hockey games
stream nhl hockey games
how much are my hockey cards
watch hockey live
hockey short story
womens hockey league sault ste marie
easton stealth s5 hockey
street hockey king