Clothes For Twin Babies - The Baby Sleep Book.
Clothes For Twin Babies
- Items worn to cover the body
- apparel: clothing in general; "she was refined in her choice of apparel"; "he always bought his clothes at the same store"; "fastidious about his dress"
- A feature of all modern human societies is the wearing of clothing, a category encompassing a wide variety of materials that cover the body. The primary purpose of clothing is functional, as a protection from the elements.
- (clothing) a covering designed to be worn on a person's body
- (baby) a very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk; "the baby began to cry again"; "she held the baby in her arms"; "it sounds simple, but when you have your own baby it is all so different"
- (baby) the youngest member of a group (not necessarily young); "the baby of the family"; "the baby of the Supreme Court"
- A very young child, esp. one newly or recently born
- A young or newly born animal
- The youngest member of a family or group
- (baby) pamper: treat with excessive indulgence; "grandparents often pamper the children"; "Let's not mollycoddle our students!"
- duplicate or match; "The polished surface twinned his face and chest in reverse"
- duplicate: being two identical
- Link; combine
- either of two offspring born at the same time from the same pregnancy
african series 3: twin fetish 2
click on "all sizes" above picture to see larger image.
africa series 3: twin fetish 2
in west africa the birth of twins is a rare and much revered occurence. when twins are born the mother (and families) visit the fetishman and offerings are given to the "twin fetish". these are feathers, blood, animal sacrifice, etc. in many of the small villages neal and i visited there were a plethora of "twin fetishes". when a twin dies (the mortality rate is extremely high for all babies in west africa) the mother wears a "doll" wrapped in the front of her clothes. when the mother feeds the still alive twin she also feed the "doll" that "represents" the dead twin. she does everything with the "doll" that she does for the still alive twin. neal and i had seen alot of women with dolls in the front of their clothes and were not sure why they were wearing "dolls". once the "twin fetish" was explained to us it made sense.
mixed media: cardboard box, pastels, twine, beads, bones, feathers
10 1/2 " L x 11" H x 2" D
art outside the edge
for baby "b"
my friend had twins in may. i've finally finished the gifts for her little ones: crocheted bunnies and embellished onesies.
the bunny pattern is from debbie stoller's the happy hooker. the onesies are american apparel. (it's HARD to find black baby clothes!) i slit open one side seam and pulled the onesie flat. then i machine-stitched the star.
these baby gifts were inspired by the amazing book "urban babies wear black"--written by michelle sinclair colman and illustrated by nathalie dion.
rare baby boy names
making baby names
let's go baby to the hole in the wall
7 month old baby food
patterns baby blankets
safety for babies
baby shower decoration ideas for boys