INVEST TOXIC ASSETS : TOXIC ASSETS
Invest Toxic Assets : Top Green Companies To Invest In : Capital Investment Grants.
Invest Toxic Assets
- "Toxic asset" is a popular term for certain financial assets whose value has fallen significantly and for which there is no longer a functioning market, so that such assets cannot be sold at a price satisfactory to the holder.
- (Toxic asset) An asset on a company's balance sheet that is difficult to value or sell because the market for those assets has dried up.
- An asset, such as a mortgage-backed security, that becomes illiquid when its secondary market disappears. Toxic assets cannot be sold, as they are often guaranteed to lose money.
- Devote (one's time, effort, or energy) to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result
- endow: give qualities or abilities to
- Expend money with the expectation of achieving a profit or material result by putting it into financial schemes, shares, or property, or by using it to develop a commercial venture
- make an investment; "Put money into bonds"
- furnish with power or authority; of kings or emperors
- Buy (something) whose usefulness will repay the cost
The Museum of American Finance has a series of panels explaining the cause of the 2007 global economic/ banking crisis. The museum is quite frank about the proliferation of toxic assets such as the CDOs (collateralized debt obligations) and ABS (asset-backed securities) that caused a massive increase in personal and household debts since the mid-1990s.
The Western world has seen its personal and household debts soaring since the credit cards were first invented in the 1960s. These days, people buy everything on borrowed money using credit cards, personal lines of credit, taking loans out of the home equity, or whatever other fancy loans the banks invented for us.
It seems like the perceived "rise in living standard" in the past 20 years was mostly paid by borrowed money.
bankam 060813 0021
Various buildings in Canary Wharf, London.
All shot in August 2006.
can i invest in gold
market street investments
royal bank direct investing
carrington investment partners
pay off mortgage or invest calculator
physicians capital investments
directory of alternative investment
wna investment programs
cheap companies to invest in
05.11.2011. u 16:04 •