MAKE YOUR BIKE A STATIONARY BIKE - A STATIONARY BIKE
Make Your Bike A Stationary Bike - Pw 80 Dirt Bike - Headset On A Bike
Make Your Bike A Stationary Bike
- "Stationary Bike" is a novella written by Stephen King, which was originally published in the fifth edition of From the Borderlands in 2003. It was recently released as part of King's 2008 short story anthology, Just After Sunset.
- An exercise bicycle or bike, or stationary bicycle, or Exercycle is a device with saddle, pedals, and some form of handlebars arranged as on a bicycle, but used as exercise equipment rather than transportation.
- The manufacturer or trade name of a particular product
- The structure or composition of something
- brand: a recognizable kind; "there's a new brand of hero in the movies now"; "what make of car is that?"
- engage in; "make love, not war"; "make an effort"; "do research"; "do nothing"; "make revolution"
- The making of electrical contact
- give certain properties to something; "get someone mad"; "She made us look silly"; "He made a fool of himself at the meeting"; "Don't make this into a big deal"; "This invention will make you a millionaire"; "Make yourself clear"
August 19, 2005
Inspired to compete
Valley woman entering triathlon to honor officer killed in accident
By Mary Manning
LAS VEGAS SUN
August 20-21, 2005
Melissa Lardomita plans to endure as much as she can to try to help a family that has to endure more than any family should.
Lardomita, a Metro Police corrections officer, is training for a triathlon Nov. 13 in Southern Nevada to honor and raise funds for the family of a fallen colleague.
On May 29, on his last day of training before becoming a police officer, 26-year-old Freddy Hernandez headed home on his Harley-Davidson, which was a graduation gift from his wife. Blocks away from his home, Hernandez was killed when he struck the rear of a tanker truck turning right off Vegas Valley Drive into a water treatment plant, police said.
Lardomita has set a goal of raising $25,000 for Hernandez Family Contribution Fund when she participates in the Nevada Silverman Full Distance Triathlon this fall.
"I want to raise this money for pre-paid college tuition for his kids and to help her pay the bills," Lardomita said.
Hernandez left two children, 6-year-old son Angel and 1-year-old daughter Laura behind as well as his wife, Lizette, said Lardomita, who befriended Lizette.
"I didn't want him to ride, but oh, my God, he loved them," Lizette Hernandez said of her husband's attraction to motorcycles.
When he died, Hernandez had been within two weeks of having life insurance coverage in place.
"That was our next step," said his widow, "especially with him riding a motorcycle."
Metro has offered support, adopting her like a family member and helping her recover through the Police Protective Association, Hernandez said through her tears.
"I've worked since I was 14 and now it's more important than ever for the kids," Lizette said of her job at Camden Property Management.
"He and I were planning our future together, and he always had a lot of goals," she said.
Hernandez had served in the Marine Corps before attending the Metro Police academy.
"Becoming a policeman was his dream," Lizette Hernandez said, describing how they fell in live and were sweethearts at Valley High School. They had been married almost seven years.
After her husband died, Lizette said, she met Lardomita and was impressed with her determination.
"She calls me all the time," Hernandez said.
Participating in a full distance triathlon event has been Lardomita's dream.
Lardomita is the daughter of a Hawaiian Ironman triathlete, who conquered the island's event 23 years ago, followed by a Cape Cod, Mass., triathlon a year later for another officer.
Her father, Carl Thomas, a retired police officer in Windsor, Conn., inspired her to become a police officer and a triathlete.
"Dad has always been athletic," she said.
"It's because as long as I can remember I have always looked up to my dad," Lardomita said.
The entire town of Windsor came to the airport after Thomas completed his first triathlon, she said.
Thomas was ready to stop participating in triathlons after Hawaii until he heard of an officer killed in the line of duty in East Hartford, Conn.
"He said to me, 'He can't go to work every day to support his family. I can do another triathlon,' " Lardomita said.
When she told her father about trying to raise $25,000 for the Hernandez family, she was surprised to learn that he had raised the same amount in the 1983 Cape Cod triathlon.
Lardomita said she'll train six hours a day for 16 weeks in preparation for the triathlon.
She got her first sponsor, Tony's Pizza II, located at the corner of Horizon Ridge and College Drive in Henderson, last week.
The Nevada Silverman Full Distance Triathlon is in its inaugural year, making history by celebrating the 100-year birthday of Las Vegas.
Lardomita will attempt to complete a 2.4-mile swim in Lake Mead that begins and ends in Hemenway Harbor, a 112-mile bike course around the lake and through Henderson and a 26.2-mile run through Henderson.
The Nevada Silverman Triathlon is believed to be the longest, most difficult single day event for individual athletes to ever take place in Nevada, said Trish Gumina, a spokeswoman for the event.
A portion of the event's proceeds will benefit Project Sunshine, a nonprofit organization that provides free programs and services to children with life-threatening illnesses.
Despite training long hours, Lardomita said she still puts her children first.
"No. 1, I'm a mom," she said. "With the training, I have to take a step back and make sure my kids are No. 1."
Eleven-year-old daughter Taylor, 8-year-old daughter Mia and 3-year-old son Isaiah enjoy watching mom ride the stationary bicycle in the backyard of their Green Valley home and spending summer days with her before she goes
listography challenge - 100 favourite things
I kind of copied this off my notebook, where I did this recently, except more than 200 things are listed .
1. Cute Stationary
3. doodling in notebooks
4. doodling in notebooks during class
5. french class (but not my teacher)
6. that feeling you get when you actually understand something in math
9. cross-processing photos
13. beauty gurus
15. facebook stalking
16. narcissim (or, in an extreme derogatory term, camwhore-ness)
18. American Girl
19. anything to do with organization
20. talking on the phone
21. the feeling you get when you listen to a recently added song on your iPod
22. my iPod
23. my Nikon D50
24. bracelets on wrists
25. non-uniform days at school
27. cleaning my room
28. lock pendants
29. key pendants
30. FOREVER 21
32. HOT TOPIC <333
33. graphic tees
34. off the shoulder tops
40. Nicki Minaj
41. CODY SIMPSON ASDFGHJKL;'
42. any sort of miniaturized item ^.^
43. Justin Bieber (a little bit, yes)
44. Taylor Swift
45. On My Mind Music Video
46. Katy Perry
49. the Fowler sisters and their channels
50. writing with no capitals .
52. Red Riding Hood
53. Pirates of the Carribean
57. pet rocks
58. The Hunger Games
59. self-photography (is that what you call it?)
62. my friends
63. being a child
66. skateboarding shoes
69. rubber ducks
71. seeing him
72. saying, " girl, I'm fabulous" to people that vex me
73. back to school time . I just love all the hype!
74. Hello Kitty
77. watching hauls on youtube
78. making new friends over Youtube
84. any eye colour other than brown
86. curling my hair
87. curly hair
88. Seventeen Magazine
89. Angry Birds
90. watching doll videos
94. instant cameras
98. the word swag and all its versions, eg. swagnificent
99. being happy
100. MUSIC!! how could I have forgotten that until the very last moment?! x)
recumbent bike fitness
mini bike fender
bike helmet brands
panaracer bicycle tires
sari bike rack
men's schwinn dual suspension bike 26 s 60
how to change a mountain bike tube
4 cycle bicycle engine
26 inch bike wheels
mongoose butterfly bike