55 GALLON DRUM HEATER - 55 GALLON
55 gallon drum heater - Whole house electric tankless water heater - Hot water heater troubleshooting.
55 Gallon Drum Heater
- A drum heater – also called band heater, barrel heater, container heater or canister heater- is used to reduce viscosity of liquids and gels by heating in order to fill, pump or bottle the respective liquid or to prevent liquids from freezing inside the drum.
- Equivalent to 3.79 liters
- The gallon is a measure of volume approximately equal to four litres. Historically it has had many different definitions, but there are three definitions in current use. In United States customary units there are the liquid (? 3.79 L) and the lesser used dry (? 4.4 L) gallons.
- The Scots gallon was a Scottish unit of measurement of liquids that was in use from at least 1661, (possibly 15th century), until the mid 19th century. It was approximately three times larger than an Imperial gallon that was adopted in 1824.
- (also used for dry measure) Equivalent to 4.55 liters
- United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters
- A unit of volume for liquid measure equal to four quarts, in particular
- Year 55 (LV) was a common year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
- fifty-five: being five more than fifty
- Country Code: +55 International Call Prefix: 00 then Carrier Code
Clean the drum off aswell
You can see the rear bearing is still in there. Even though it seemed to be visually fine and had very little play, I had already purchased a bearing kit which included front and rear bearing and front seal, I replaced the lot.
Gave the heater element a good scrub as well. We live in an area with very hard water which can leave deposits inside the machine. Hence all the sludge inside the machine. Not so much calcium deposits but more from sand ( we live 10 mins from the beach) and Calgon mixed with fabric conditioner left overs.
Carefully locate the two drum halves together
Reminds me of a Robert Oppenheimer experiment ;-)
I put a little clear silicon sealant on top of the seal in the recessed side of the drum joint just to make sure I ended up with a good watertight join.
Take care to locate the heater element into the little metal clip the protrudes from the wall of the inside off the front half of the drum. If you've got this wrong you'll notice some nasty grating noises from inside the drum when rotate the cylinder inside the drum later on.
discovery 1500 infrared heater
portable fan heaters
vico sauna heater
sunbeam heater fan with digital thermostat
atwood marine water heaters
radiant tube heater
ge water heater timer
sauna heaters 110v
kerosene diesel heater
cost of water heater replacement
11.11.2011. u 03:31 •