HOME MADE SILVER POLISH : SILVER POLISH
HOME MADE SILVER POLISH : COLLOIDAL SILVER HYDROSOL : SILVER DANCING SHOES
Home Made Silver Polish
- Made at home, rather than in a store or factory
- sprinkles ready to go. Image credit: MorgueFile.com and chocolate candy canes Here is a ‘how to use leftover candy canes yourself stuck with a million candy canes the kids decorated the tree with, and you are wondering what
- (esp. of the moon) Give a silvery appearance to
- Provide (mirror glass) with a backing of a silver-colored material in order to make it reflective
- Coat or plate with silver
- coat with a layer of silver or a silver amalgam; "silver the necklace"
- a soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal; occurs in argentite and in free form; used in coins and jewelry and tableware and photography
- made from or largely consisting of silver; "silver bracelets"
- of or relating to Poland or its people or culture; "Polish sausage"
- A substance used to give something a smooth and shiny surface when rubbed in
- Smoothness or glossiness produced by rubbing or friction
- make (a surface) shine; "shine the silver, please"; "polish my shoes"
- An act of rubbing something to give it a shiny surface
- the property of being smooth and shiny
Woven Bezel Attempt #2
It's obvious I need a good craft lamp. These pix were taken in my new home-made light box with two compact fluorescent lights as outside light sources. It rained all day and I didn't get the lovely mid-afternoon sun I usually do. The color of these pix is much too yellow, but maybe I can fix this in Picnik. PS wasn't much help.
This is a fossil I had lying around that I decided to wrap in argentium silver wire, 20 and 28 gauge. I did this pendant in about 2.5 hours during art class today.
I saw what I did wrong on the wrap last time and fixed it so it's a little more even on this one, but long, thin, pointy stones are not the easiest things to wrap and I had trouble making the bezel even on the top. I also chipped the top of the point off the stone while fitting it into the bezel. I guess it had a fracture in it somewhere.
I think it's not a bad effort. I don't like that it's lopsided, but this fossil wasn't cut symmetrically, either, so I think I can honestly pass off some of the blame on the person who cut and polished the fossil.
Not bad, but not quite good enough to sell. I think this one's a keeper for myself.
Working Smoky Glass Lamp Base
This is a wonderful lamp base that has ornate feet made of silver plated zinc, topped by a smoky glass globe and finally the stem to hold the light bulb and shade.
The metal parts of the lamp are showing signs of age and a serious lack of polishing.
The glass globe itself is in excellent condition with no cracks or chips. The lamp does work. It was manufactured in Italy and stands approximately 10" tall, by 5" wide.
silver whisper cruise ship
antique silver patterns
2011 silver eagle dollar
rose quartz silver ring
international silver plate
sterling silver watches for men
20th anniversary silver eagles
silver flower rings
purchase silver eagles
03.11.2011. u 17:55 •