SILVER PALATE COOKBOOK : CLEANING SILVER EARRINGS
Silver Palate Cookbook
- a book of recipes and cooking directions
- A cookbook is a book that contains information on cooking. It typically contains a collection of recipes, and may also include information on ingredient origin, freshness, selection and quality.
- The Cookbook is the sixth studio album by American rapper Missy Elliott, released by The Goldmind Inc. and Atlantic Records on July 5, 2005, in the United States.
- A book containing recipes and other information about the preparation and cooking of food
- a soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal; occurs in argentite and in free form; used in coins and jewelry and tableware and photography
- made from or largely consisting of silver; "silver bracelets"
- (esp. of the moon) Give a silvery appearance to
- coat with a layer of silver or a silver amalgam; "silver the necklace"
- Provide (mirror glass) with a backing of a silver-colored material in order to make it reflective
- Coat or plate with silver
- (Palation) Balat is the traditional Jewish quarter in the Fatih district of Istanbul. It is located on the European side of Istanbul, in the old city on the historic peninsula, on the western bank of the Golden Horn.
- A person's appreciation of taste and flavor, esp. when sophisticated and discriminating
- A person's taste or liking
- the upper surface of the mouth that separates the oral and nasal cavities
- The roof of the mouth, separating the cavities of the nose and the mouth in vertebrates
- The feel and taste of wine in the mouth.
The last 15 minutes of this soup sees the addition of sliced mushrooms, a handful of fresh green beans and the soup noodles. It's finished with fresh dill. Sometimes I add a squeeze of lemon right before serving to brighten up the flavors.
Here you go:
4 medium-size leeks (white and light green part only), quartered and diced
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
2 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
3 ribs celery, finely chopped
2 tsps kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 1/2 quarts chicken stock
1 cup dry white wine (1/2 cup dry vermouth will do in a pinch)
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 medium-size mushroom, cleaned, thinly sliced
2 cups egg noodles
4 oz green beans, ends trimmed, cut diagonally to 1"
3 Tbsps fresh dill, chopped fine
Keeping root intact, slice leeks lengthwise in quarters and rinse until sand/dirt is removed. Slice into fine dice.
Melt butter in large heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leeks, carrots, celery salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes, remove from heat.
Bring chicken stock and wine to boiling in a stockpot. Add chicken. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove chicken and let cool.
Add dry egg noodles to stock, simmer for 6 minutes.
Add leek mixture and green beans to stock. Simmer uncovered over low heat for 5 minutes. Shred cooled chicken breasts while beans are cooking.
Add shredded chicken and mushrooms to stock and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
Take soup off heat. Add chopped dill and a squeeze of lemon just before serving.
*recipe adapted from "The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook"
Cranberry Walnut Bread 937 Breakfast 365-001
I received The Silver Palate Cookbook for Christmas and was drawn to the recipe for Cranberry Bread.
Strobist Info: FL-50R with black straw snoot aimed straight down at slices. FL-50R with white Coroplast snoot. aimed at loaf. Backlight with mid-morning light from two windows. Various mirrors.
Camera: Olympus E-3
Exposure: 1.3 sec (13/10)
Focal Length: 50 mm (Zuiko macro)
ISO Speed: 100
The gift-wrapped package was a handy prop. It was a gift for my brother Arthur that was so obvious and appropriate that I had to withdraw it at the last minute, because it turned out my older brother David had already given it to him! It's a book, How the States Got Their Shapes.
Arthur is a geography whiz who in the 8th grade could draw the entire United States map from memory, with all the state outlines and the capitals correctly identified. He later invented a game called Geo-Rummy.
The basket is from my late father's basket collection.
gorham silver pitcher
16 gauge silver wire
home made silver polish
silver creek ski
silver hinged bangle
1964 silver dimes
coin silver makers