1880 Silver Dollar - Silver Heart Chain Necklace
1880 Silver Dollar
- honesty: southeastern European plant cultivated for its fragrant purplish flowers and round flat papery silver-white seedpods that are used for indoor decoration
- Silver dollar is a common name given to a number of species of Metynnis, a tropical fish belonging to the Characidae family which is closely related to piranha and pacu.
- a dollar made of silver
- 1880 (MDCCCLXXX) was a leap year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar (or a leap year starting on Tuesday of the 12-day slower Julian calendar).
- (1880s) eighties: the decade from 1880 to 1889
- The 1880s was the decade that spanned between the years 1880 and 1889. They occurred at the core period of the Second Industrial Revolution. Most Western countries experienced a large economic boom, due to the mass production of railroads and other more convenient methods of travel.
Elkhorn has been designated one of the most important historical sites in the West and renovation has been undertaken by the Western Montana Ghost Town Preservation Society. Elkhorn flourished in the 1880's and 90's, when millions of dollars worth of gold and silver were mined. Reportedly the town had 2,500 residents, with 500 woodcutters, mostly of French and Norwegian descent, were employed to supply wood for the town and the mill.
Dating from the second wave of Montana's gold and silver rushes, Elkhorn has survived as one of the better ghost towns in the west. Its principal mine, the Elkhorn, was discovered around 1872 by Peter Wys, a native of Switzerland, and has changed hands repeatedly. Booming in the 1880's and '90's before tapering off in this century, the Elkhorn reputedly produced some $14 million in silver during its long life.
texture by Une Bella
Silver Dollar City Postcard - Lucky Silver Mine Restaurant
Description from the back - "A restaurant of the 1880's is located in the Tipple of the Old Lucky Silver Mine.
Published by Marvel Cave Association, Branson, Missouri.
Postmarked 9-15-65 Eureka Springs, Arkansas - "Hi David, We reached Eureka Springs. Had a rainbow trout supper tonite. We're also at Roaring River St Park, where they were catching trout. Will head for Hot Springs N't'l Pk. tomorrow noon. Silver Dollar City was interesting. Will go & see a church tomorrow at E. Sp. & you enter thru the church steeple. Mom & Dad"
silver hearts necklace
ti 84 silver edition
historical price of silver per ounce
gorham silver christmas ornaments
silver quote spot
small silver teapot