SILVER APPLES BAND : APPLES BAND
Silver Apples Band : Sterling Silver Basket : 1964 Silver Coins.
Silver Apples Band
- Silver Apples are a psychedelic electronic music duo from New York City composed of Simeon Coxe III, who performs as Simeon, on a primitive synthesizer of his own devising (also named The Simeon), and until his death in 2005, drummer Danny Taylor.
Silver Apples is the debut album by the band of the same name. It was the most successful original album by the band, reaching 193 on the Billboard 200.
- Put a band on (a bird) for identification
- Surround (an object) with something in the form of a strip or ring, typically for reinforcement or decoration
- set: an unofficial association of people or groups; "the smart set goes there"; "they were an angry lot"
- bind or tie together, as with a band
- Mark (something) with a stripe or stripes of a different color
- instrumentalists not including string players
Apples in Stereo with Brooklyn Philharmonic & Youth Choir
The Brooklyn Philharmonic and Youth Choir are apparently the "house band" of the South St. Seaport free concert series and always kick things off. It was great when they joined the Apples in Stereo onstage for a final number before they started the fireworks show.
The Apples looked and sounded terrific, I hadn't seen them live in years but they are every bit as entertaining and energetic as they were back in the day (think Satyricon, Portland Oregon, maybe late 90's or early 2000's). Their sound is now super-clean, finger-snappin' pop proper peppered with a few hints of those good old overdriven fuzz guitar solos from the Elephant Six days.
Total blast, and really funny as well, made me wonder when pop music became so serious? (Kinda have to blame R.E.M. a little for that, with apologies.) The apples were dressed in silver robes and goofy space-age shades, and insisted they'd returned from ten years in the future, saying it was simply more convenient to time-travel because they could do all their shows at once but spread them out over years in our "time frame". Oh, and energy is free in the future so that really helps with the whole van thing. Awesome!
White Star Line - Time to Get Up - video
music video to White Star Line's 'Time to Get Up' (wr in 1999 by Stephen Dohnberg and Matt David). appeared in the 2001 compilation Eye of the Beholder II feat Picastro, Silver Apples, Tiger Saw, Sufjan Stevens, Scout Niblett, et al
more to be featured on an online only record label for free downloads of rare tracks of independent bands.
silver river campground
silver wedding frames
silver peso bar
silver bangles india
sterling silver fountain pens
silver fruit basket
2008 bald eagle silver dollar
black and silver evening dress