1980S FASHION STYLE - FASHION STYLE
1980S FASHION STYLE - STREET FASHION SUMMER
1980s Fashion Style
- While in the 1970s, the silhouette of fashion tended to be characterized by close fitting clothes on top with wider, looser clothes on the bottom, this trend completely reversed itself in the early 1980s as both men and women began to wear looser shirts and tight, close-fitting pants.
- make consistent with a certain fashion or style; "Style my hair"; "style the dress"
- A way of painting, writing, composing, building, etc., characteristic of a particular period, place, person, or movement
- designate by an identifying term; "They styled their nation `The Confederate States'"
- A way of using language
- manner: how something is done or how it happens; "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
- A manner of doing something
The 70s: The Decade That Style Forgot
A staggering collection of 1970s fashion faux pas, from torso-clinging disco shirts to billowing bell bottoms. Mothers in hot pants, dads in leisure suits, children subjected to cruel knitting experiments… The 1970s brought us many things—some remembered fondly, others with a collective wince. But the true horror of the 70s lies in the many and various crimes against style. Whatever the cause, an almost universal lack of restraint, coupled with a dearth of taste, led to some of the most ghastly and regrettable styles in fashion history. Most people have, of course, set fire to any photographic evidence of their grimmest fashion errors, so the author has had to search far and wide to track down some of the crotch-mangling, buttock-hing, polyester numbers you find here. So sit back and enjoy this homage to fashion's darkest hour.
With Grandpa on the Couch - 1980?
I'm sitting with Grandpa on the couch. I'm wearing my black cowboy boots. I'm thinking this is sometime in 1980 (as I see Susan' playpen in the picture).
1940s style in the 1980s
Me, in Mum's garden when I was 16. Went through a major 30s/40s Hollywood obsession at that time. I thought I was Joan Crawford!
1980s fashion style
A survey of all aspects of design that establishes the 1970s as a vitally important period in the creative arts.
Once dismissed as the decade of foil wallpaper and shag rugs, the 1970s are now being enthusiastically mined for trends from the fashion, music, and literature of the time. The period, which united elements of earlier movements such as Art Deco and Pop, continues to influence today’s tastemakers.
From artist Die Fields’s apartment to album covers of New Wavers like the B-52s and glam rock’s David Bowie, from the slick advertising of Italian fashion house Fiorucci to such seminal book covers as Germaine Greer’s The Female Eunuch, the authors have gone beyond the usual discussion of flares and platform shoes to address the design aesthetic of the decade as a whole. Architecture and design collectives of the time, including UK-based Archigram and the avant-garde Italian group Studio Alchimia, are also recognized as important contributors to the look and style of the decade.
70s Style is sure to inspire everyone from dedicated followers of fashion to even the harshest critics of the decade. Hislop and Lutyens have rescued the 1970s from parody and have produced a study that is meticulously researched and sensationally illustrated. 400+ color illustrations
korea winter fashion
fashion jobs hong kong
fashion shows in dc
best fashion boutiques
fashion tv beach
japanese street fashion clothes
fashion bug model
design a fashion show game
men underwear fashion show
27.10.2011. u 05:10 •