12 X 12 CANOPY http://blog.dnevnik.hr/12-x-12-canopy
CREWEL DRAPES - DRAPES
Crewel drapes - Insulated bamboo shades.
- A thin, loosely twisted, worsted yarn used for tapestry and embroidery
- Crewel Embroidery, or Crewelwork, is a decorative form of surface embroidery using wool and a variety of different embroidery stitches to follow a design outline applied to the fabric. The technique is at least a thousand years old.
- A true crewel fabric is embroidered with crewel yarn (a loosely twisted, two-ply wool) on a plain weave fabric. Traditional crewel fabrics are hand-woven and embroidered in India. The design motif for crewel work is typically outlines of flowers, vines, and leaves, in one or many colors.
- A style of embroidery that's worked with any type of yarn, rather than thread.
- (drape) arrange in a particular way; "drape a cloth"
- Adorn, cover, or wrap (someone or something) loosely with folds of cloth
- Let (oneself or a part of one's body) rest somewhere in a casual or relaxed way
- (drape) the manner in which fabric hangs or falls; "she adjusted the drape of her skirt"
- Arrange (cloth or clothing) loosely or casually on or around something
- (drape) curtain: hanging cloth used as a blind (especially for a window)
A special kind of embroidery done with a painted hook used for drapery and upholestry is known as crewel.Crewel is done on the thick material popularly used for furnishing and usually carries flowing floral and creeper designs.The thick material includes Hand - woven Cotton Dosooti fabric,Cotton Duck,Linen,Jute,Soft Silk etc.
The crewel embroidery is done in the thick woollen yarn, by a painted crochet, provides a very dazzling and durable material for drapes and upholestry.All embroidery is done in either single or double ply wool.Crewel embroidery material is quite popular in the export market as it satisfies the aesthetic expression of beauty all over the world.Designs are available in an assortment of colors ranging from single or multicolor embroidery.However, the designs and colors can be altered as per order.
The width is 52 to 54 inches and the length it comes in 25 to 32 meters, per roll.The craft is also available on Bedspreads,Throws,Cushion Covers,Curtain Drops in various sizes ranging from single to king size.
Crewel Embroidery Tulips
I made these Crewel Embroidery Tulips to go on a thank-you card that I made for my son's summer speech pathologist. (pattern from "The New Crewel"
natural shade garden
shade sails wa
patio sliding doors with blinds
bamboo shades and blinds
baby crib with canopy
lamp shade shop
windows blinds themes pack
21.10.2011. u 02:48 •