CALORIES CARBOHYDRATE - CARBOHYDRATE
Calories carbohydrate - Calories in one cup of oatmeal - Calories in a tablespoon of honey.
- A sugar, starch, or cellulose that is a food source of energy for an animal or plant; a saccharide
- an essential structural component of living cells and source of energy for animals; includes simple sugars with small molecules as well as macromolecular substances; are classified according to the number of monosaccharide groups they contain
- Any of a large group of organic compounds occurring in foods and living tissues and including sugars, starch, and cellulose. They contain hydrogen and oxygen in the same ratio as water (2:1) and typically can be broken down to release energy in the animal body
- A carbohydrate is an organic compound with the empirical formula Cm(H2O)n, that is, consists only of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen, with the last two in the 2:1 atom ratio. Carbohydrates can be viewed as hydrates of carbon, hence their name.
- The energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 kilogram of water through 1 °C, equal to one thousand small calories and often used to measure the energy value of foods
- (calorie) a unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure; used by nutritionists to characterize the energy-producing potential in food
- (caloric) thermal: relating to or associated with heat; "thermal movements of molecules"; "thermal capacity"; "thermic energy"; "the caloric effect of sunlight"
- (caloric) of or relating to calories in food; "comparison of foods on a caloric basis"; "the caloric content of foods"
- The energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water through 1 °C (now usually defined as 4.1868 joules)
- Either of two units of heat energy
The NutriBase Guide to Carbohydrates, Calories & Fat in Your Food
The NutriBase Nutrition Facts Desk Reference is an essential tool for monitoring the nutritional value of your diet. Recognized by health experts as the best source of information on food values, it is widely used by physicians, nutritionists, and health-conscious consumers alike. This completely revised and updated second edition has more than 40,000 entries for , brand-name, prepared, and specialty foods, including fast foods and restaurant meals. Alphabetical listings include the amount of calories, carbohydrates, sodium, protein, fiber, fat, saturated fats, cholesterol, and percentage of calories from fat -- in short, everything needed to analyze diet and nutrition.
Dieters everywhere are reducing carbohydrate consumption, and this book is the perfect tool to accompany any low-carb plan. Also useful for diabetics.
Winter Salad Recipe
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.Ingredients
1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
8 cups torn mixed salad greens
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
Rub garlic clove over the bottom and sides of a large salad bowl; discard garlic. In the bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey and salt. Add pears; gently toss to coat. Add the greens, walnuts and cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 154 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Winter Salad published in Country December/January 2007, p49
204 Sweet Tooth No More
One of my favorite candy bars... Now I have to work it into my food plan in order to enjoy a small portion of it. But that's ok. I'm on my way to a better way of eating and living. After almost three weeks without candy, I don't really miss it. Now my bowl of ice cream... that's another story. We have designated Sunday as ICE CREAM SUNDAY, only without the chocolate sauce, whipped cream, walnuts, crasins and cherry on top. It will be different, but better for me. :-) I'm starting to really get the hang of this being diabetic. So far it doesn't seem to difficult.
instant weight loss
how many calories do you burn walking one mile
how to eat healthy daily
advice on healthy eating
low carb fat foods
strong weight loss pills
low fat calorie foods
loose weight with water
2000 calorie day diet
27.10.2011. u 22:37 •