ANTIQUE SILVER PHOTOGRAPH FRAMES. SILVER BIOTICS COLLOIDAL SILVER. CHEAP SILVER JEANS
Antique Silver Photograph Frames
- a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide; recorded by a camera on light-sensitive material
- Take a photograph of
- Appear in a particular way when in a photograph
- record on photographic film; "I photographed the scene of the accident"; "She snapped a picture of the President"
- undergo being photographed in a certain way; "Children photograph well"
- made in or typical of earlier times and valued for its age; "the beautiful antique French furniture"
- shop for antiques; "We went antiquing on Saturday"
- A collectible object such as a piece of furniture or work of art that has a high value because of its considerable age
- old-timer: an elderly man
- Coat or plate with silver
- a soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal; occurs in argentite and in free form; used in coins and jewelry and tableware and photography
- (esp. of the moon) Give a silvery appearance to
- Provide (mirror glass) with a backing of a silver-colored material in order to make it reflective
- coat with a layer of silver or a silver amalgam; "silver the necklace"
- made from or largely consisting of silver; "silver bracelets"
- Erect the framework of a building
- (frame) the framework for a pair of eyeglasses
- (frame) enclose in or as if in a frame; "frame a picture"
- Place (a picture or photograph) in a frame
- (frame) a single one of a series of still transparent pictures forming a cinema, television or video film
- Surround so as to create a sharp or attractive image
Brass Rail Saloon
Virginia City Historical District. Virginia City, Nevada.
The Brass Rail Saloon in Virginia City is located in the Old Washoe Club building along the historic old "C" Street. Once a booming town catering to the prospectors who crowded in to the town to fulfill their dreams of wealth, only to find that the real wealth was in the entrepreneurial enterprises that satisfied the needs of the prospectors, Virginia City lay in disrepair during the early 1900's. This "ghost town" atmosphere was eventually capitalized upon by the new enterprising business minded people and turned into a tourist attraction.
Of the few saloons that exist today in comparison to the numbers that existed when the town originated, The Brass Rail, also known as Danielle's Brass Rail is one of the noted saloons along the old town's main street. Here you will find gaming and slot machines, however the saloon is most noted for having the oldest roulette wheel in Nevada on its premises. For aficionados of antiques, or just fans of of the gaming industry, this is the place to stop in. In addition to all of the gaming attributes, the saloon has a bar decorated with an antique collection of gold and ruby glasses, some dating back more than 200 years, in addition to a number of vintage objects dating back to the late 1800's heyday in Virginia City.
Another unique feature of this saloon is its Cigar Bar and shop where you will find what cigar smokers refer to as "a good cigar". The shop also carries a supply of gift items in addition to liquor and miscellaneous sundry items. For just plain browsing, having a drink or a bite to eat, a trip to the Brass Rail will be worthwhile. In January 2011 when this photograph was made the saloon was up for sale.
The foxing is not quite so obvious in the flesh. This photograph was hard to scan because it is (a rarity) still in its original, ornate (like gesso or plaster or something) silver-painted frame. It still has its original pine backmount. I probably should get rid of that and back it with acid-free styrofoam, but I don't want to touch it. I don't know why, incidentally, I say Arkansas. The setting does remind me of Eureka Springs, for anyone who has been there. If you haven't been to Eureka Springs, you should go. Beyond the tourist trappings, it's a fabulous piece of preserved Americana.
silver eagle mintage
silver wedding ring set
1934 silver dollar value
coin silver flatware
silver reef hotel
silver square earrings
2011 silver eagle first strike
silver mesh evening bag