CARPET GLOSSARY. CARPET
Carpet glossary. Medium turnout rugs.
- (Glossary S) Select another letter.
- We're here to help, that's why we've made this glossary of terms used about audio gear. If there's something you'd like clarifying, please give us a shout and we'll be glad to assist!
- an alphabetical list of technical terms in some specialized field of knowledge; usually published as an appendix to a text on that field
- An alphabetical list of terms or words found in or relating to a specific subject, text, or dialect, with explanations; a brief dictionary
- A floor or stair covering made from thick woven fabric, typically shaped to fit a particular room
- A thick or soft expanse or layer of something
- form a carpet-like cover (over)
- A large rug, typically an oriental one
- cover completely, as if with a carpet; "flowers carpeted the meadows"
- rug: floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile)
Fabric Glossary (4th Edition)
The Fabric Glossary offers an illustrated fabric dictionary that includes scanned samples and a space for mounting actual swatches. Designed as a complement to the Fabric Reference, this book explores the characteristics of the multitude of fabrics we know by name. Fabrics are grouped in “Files” of like materials and over 600 names and terms are illustrated and/or explained. Topics include major fiber types, most kinds of yarns, all categories of weaves, knits and other constructions such as tufted, lace, felt, nonwoven, and stitchbonded. Also covered are effects of finishing, including examples related to dyeing, printing, and other applied design.
Glossary - Add new term v2, screen 1
The user clicks on an add new term button on the glossary landing page. They are taken to this page. They specify which language the term they are adding is in (and depending on which language they speak.)
Glossary Detail Arabic > English, Arabic view: Current
This wireframe shows what a user will see if they click on "Arabic" in the language toggle in the Glossary when viewing a word in Arabic > English view.
When it comes to both the technical and aesthetic considerations of using textiles in interior design, this book gives working professionals what they need to know. You'll receive expert guidance to the process of textile specifications, selection, installation and maintenance, as well as an understanding of the properties of fabric types and a historical context of styles. Sustainable design and code issues are also considered. More than 500 illustrations and photographs elucidate key ideas.
This survey of textiles for interior design is divided into three main parts:
Fabrics: The interior design textile industry and marketplace. A study of fibers, yarns, constructions, and finishes. Codes and "green" design.
Applications: Textile specifications and coordination of upholstery and wall coverings, window treatments, linens and accessories, and rugs and carpeting.
Period Style: Oriental styles, Renaissance and Formal styles, Medieval, Colonial, Country and Provence styles, Regional and Ethnic styles, and Modern styles.
Order your copy today!
swept under the carpet
truck mount carpet
carpet cleaners in utah
baby pink rug